Friday 7 August 2009

Paris (Day Two)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
French Police
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was the most AMAZING store I think I've ever been in. It had two floors, on the top it had designer vintage shoes (Chanel, Christian LaCroix, Dior, Versace, Miu Miu, Christian Louboutin, you name it, they had it), Chanel Suits, vintage designer bags, one lady bought 2 Gucci bags, a Chanel bag and some Louboutins..you do not event want to know what the total cost came to!, a whole variety of amazing vintage jewelry, menswear and designer sunglasses.
Downstairs, was about 3 racks of vintage real fur coats and a rack of just coats (inc. A Burberry mac for only 100 euros! I would've got it, but it was wayyyy to big) There was also another huge shelf of designer shoes and jewelry, there were wedding dress and prom dresses hanging from the ceiling and through to the back was an amazing vintage furniture department.

Day two: We woke up quite early and went to have breakfast at a pavement cafe, the weather was wonderful and the food was yummy. After breakfast we went back to the hotel to get changed and walked to the Eiffel Tower, we caught a bus to Notre Dame, and saw some amazing sights on the way. We knew there were some vintage shops in the area, so walked round to find them. We firstly came across a huge department store, that seriously looked like an M&S, we then walked around some more until we came to this AMAZING vintage/designer store (pictured) It looked really tiny from the outside but then we walked in and every inch was covered in amazing vintage pieces. We spent a few hours in there and didn't even realize it had a downstairs til I almost fell down the stairs.. I would've bought so much stuff there, however, it was quite pricey and I didn't really have any room to take anything home, but i will definitely be going back!! I bought a gold ring for my sister, and this gorgeous sparkly bracelet (will post later) I was going to buy some gorgeous Versace heels, but they were slightly too small for me. I wish I'd taken photos in there, and of the owner, he was an amazingly gay, bald french bloke, with nail varnish covered glasses.
After this we walked around some more and bought some bread for lunch, we then went to this awesome eyewear shop that sold every designer sunglasses/glasses possible. I was going to buy some Marc Jacobs sunglasses or Balenciaga sunglasses, but I couldn't decide which ones, so thought i'd come back later (but then we couldn't remember where the shop was...) 
After this, we went to afew little vintage/secondhand shops that were alot more reasonably priced..I got two (cliché) striped jumpers for just 5 euros each! In one shop there was another Burberry mac for only 80 euros, but it was also way to big for me. 
We then got back on the bus to go back to our hotel, it took soo long and we were so tired/hot when we got back that we just layed in our room for an hour and had a shower. We then got a take away pizza and ate facing the Eiffel Tower again. We got talking to another (very drunk) guy, who was half english/half french, who lives in London.
We watched the Eiffel Tower light up again then went back to our hotel and had a shower. Just as I got out of the shower, Sophie shouted to me to not come into the main room, apparently there was a man on the other side of the street sitting on his balcony waving to her. But when I came in there was no one, so I didn't believe her. However, later on, i was looking out of our balcony/window and this guy was back again, so we waved back and forth and he started talking to us in french, it was hilarious!

JB

PS i will post day 3 later... 

No comments: